We are pleased to announce the 2018 Internship Program!
The Association for Healthcare Foodservice is accepting nominations for week-long internships in conjunction with the AHF 9th Annual Conference
at The Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Recipients would be expected to travel to Minneapolis, work the conference, and answer a Q&A for the association magazine, S.O. Connected, about their experience after the event. DATES: SUNDAY, AUGUST 19 – FRIDAY, AUGUST 24, 2018What is included? (amount not to exceed $1,500)
- Airfare to and from Minneapolis, MN.
- Ground transportation (to/from airport and as needed in Minneapolis)
- Hotel room and tax for seven days/six nights (sharing a room may be necessary)
- Conference Registration
- All meals (at a per diem rate)
FOUR INTERNSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE
(more specifics and a schedule of events will be given prior to arrival in Minneapolis)
*AHF student membership is required for recipients.
- Duties may include but are not limited to: attend board of directors meetings, observe and assist staff and association leaders, assist with the fundraising event and registration, assist with the 9th Annual Culinary Competition, helping with tasks as needed.
There is no cost for student membership.If you are not currently a member of the association, you must join upon acceptance in the internship program; to become a student member click HERE. PROCESS:
- Complete application
- Submit application and required documents by March 16, 2018 (everything must be complete and submitted by 5 p.m. EST)
- Recipients will be notified by AHF Headquarters by April 3, 2018
- Additional materials and schedules will be sent to recipients before their departure for Minneapolis.
- Attend conference Sunday, August 19 – Friday, August 24, 2018
- Expense reports and receipts for reimbursement (if necessary) due by August 30, 2018
- Complete Q&A with AHF Headquarters (date to be determined later)