It's time to get your winning team together!
2019 Competition Rules (PDF)
Equipment List - what's provided by AHF - Coming Soon!
Please read carefully and be sure to request any additional equipment in the application.
- You must have all the required documents in order to submit your application online.
- When submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation email with your completed form contents and a link to edit.
- You may use the link to edit your submission before the deadline.
Deadline to apply: May 1, 2019 at 5 PM Eastern Time.
If you have any questions, please email AHF Staff at email@example.com.
AHF panel of chefs will present a webinar on tips and tricks to get your team selected for this year's competition! The webinar will take place on March 20, 2019 at 3:00 pm Eastern.
Register for the 2019 Culinary Competition Webinar HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q: Can the competitors heat water prior to the start of the competition?
A: Yes, they will be allowed to, as we allowed this in previous years.
- Q: Can the competitors bring their own stock?
A: Yes. If you wish to bring your own stock, you must find a way to ship it to the hotel and store it safely. The stock must be included in your original recipe and meet the nutritional guidelines.
- Q: Can you apply to compete with another member in a sister facility?
A: No, both team members must be from the same facility. Two teams from the same system may apply separately.
- Q: Can one team submit more than one recipe?
A: Yes, this has been done in previous years.
- Q: How many portions are you expected to prepare?
A: 6 portions
- Q: When will the applicants find out if their team has been selected?
A: End of May
- Q: Can you use sous vide?
A: Yes. If you would like to bring additional equipment than what is provided on the Equipment List, please submit for approval on the online application.
- Q: How many teams compete?
A: 5 teams of 2
- Q: Will there be storage and refrigeration space available?
A: Yes, both dry storage and refrigeration will be available the day prior to the competition. More instructions will be given to selected finalists.
- Q: How much time will we have before the start of the competition?
A: 1 hour to wash vegetables, arrange the space, boil water. No cutting vegetables will be allowed.
- Q: Are we supposed to go shopping for the ingredients before the competition?
A: Market basket ingredients will be provided for you. Any additional ingredients must be picked up before the event. Local grocery stores in Scottsdale will be provided. If you are shipping any products, shipping instructions will be given to you.
- Q: Do we need to bring our own wash and sanitation station?
A: To be determined, varies by conference location. Your runner will have access to it during the competition.
- Q: Will there be station storage available?
A: Each team will be given a speed rack, with sheet trays that can be used to organize your materials.
- Q: Can the mystery ingredient be free of common allergens?
A: Yes, the committee will keep that in consideration when selecting.