Updated September 21, 2020
We know our members are tracking the ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (2019-nCoV). To that end, we have compiled the below resources and tools below. Furthermore, AHF business partners have begun sharing tools and resources that may be of value as you continue to plan. Check back to this blog post regularly as we will continue to add additional material or guidance as they are made available to us.
A discussion has also been launched on AHF’s Online Community. Join the conversation here.
Note: AHF is not a scientific or regulatory body, we are a national nonprofit association providing resources and support to self-operated healthcare and senior dining facilities. The information below is meant to help streamline your search for resources throughout this crisis. Facilities should continue to follow state and federal guidelines and work to do what is best for their facilities under the guidance of their leadership, infection control, and others as deemed necessary.
AHF Materials and Resources
At a Glance Information from the CDC:
*Content is updated daily and taken from the CDC COVID-19 tracking website. Please check the CDC website for the most up to date, accurate, data. AHF is reposting data here for easy at a glance reference.
|COVID-19: U.S. At a Glance*
|Jurisdictions Reporting Cases
|55 (50 states, & the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Marianas, and US Virgin Islands)
Page Quick Links:
Streamlined Priority Resources
if you need support for something, please check our BP Directory – AHF’s BPs are ready and waiting to lend you support during this challenging time: https://connect.healthcarefoodservice.org/resources/business-partner-directory
Known Length of time COVID-19 can live on surfaces
- Stainless Steel and Plastic: While this is a new strain and a lot is still unknown it has been noted that it will live on a surface up to 72 hours if it is non-porous (Stainless steel or plastic).
- Porous Surfaces: On porous items like cardboard boxes or cloth, it will only live for 24 hours.
Please check formal government websites such as the CDC for up to date information. The information about COVID-19 is rapidly changing and much is still unknown about this new strain of Coronavirus, these are our current known times it can live, but there has not been significant time to test.
Senior Dining Resources
Recordings, Videos, and Training
AHF Town Hall Recordings & Events:
- AHF's 2nd Town Hall was held April 14, 2020 and provided an overview of COVID-19’s impact on Healthcare (Acute Care and Senior Living). Participants heard from AHF Senior Dining Operator, Eric Eisenberg on what challenges he's seen and overcome. Kelsey Nash, Editor-in-Chief from FoodService Director Magazine and Winsight Media provided an overview of the status of the foodservice industry. Operators in both acute care and senior living joined to give their perspective. Numerous data points were provided throughout.
- AHF's 1st Town Hall was held on March 18, 2020. Participants heard from Barbara Kane from Ecolab and Vice-Chair of AHF's Industry Advisory Board on the basics of COVID-19 and how to prevent its spread. Following Barbara's presentation, Dan Henroid, Director of Nutrition and Food services from UCSF Health gave an overview of the actions his facility has taken and the impact the virus has had on his operations. Operators in both acute care and senior living joined to give their perspective.
- Watch the 1st and 2nd town hall recordings and download the slide decks here. While our town halls are free for anyone to join publicly live, the recordings and slides are provided as a member benefit. We hope that you can support AHF so that we might continue to provide critical support to operators and business partner members in turn. We try to provide as much freely available content as possible.
Action Plans, Handouts, and Operating Guidance
Support from AHF Business Partners
Other Resources and Links
*If you have materials or resources to share please send links or documents to AHF Staff at email@example.com for consideration and listing. We will continue to add documents as we review them.