Wednesday, August 22nd, 4:15 – 5:30pm
Speakers: Drew Patterson, Mike Kasperek and Rick Farmer
- Hands-on session for non-culinary operators
- Learn key culinary techniques for work and home application
- Leave with handouts and demonstrated training sessions for staff
- Topics covered – knife skills, searing, low sodium seasoning
Tenacity—How to Retain Your Self Op Status
Speakers: John Gamble and Dr. Gary Selden
- Apply the Attitude and Action® principals for understanding and managing client expectations.
- Design and lead and Expectations SessionSM with facility leadership
- Use the Web of Influence method for mapping relationships®
- Build and nurture professional business relationships
- Discuss the On-Line Certification class available to AHF members
Thursday, August 23rd, 11:15am – 12:15pm
After the Merge: Going Self-Op
Presenters: Bruce Thomas and George Cranmer
Session Description: Mergers and acquisitions are a way of life in today’s healthcare foodservice industry. In this session a panel of your peers will discuss:
- What to expect when two healthcare systems become one.
- Understanding the expectations for the new joint foodservice operation.
- How to go about merging two operations with potentially different services and approaches to foodservice into one cohesive unit.
- Key lessons learned from their transitions
Senior Dining Confidential: The Industry Playbook
Presenters: Peter Morris and Lisa Lantry
- Goal: deliver quality food and maximize choice for successful aging
- Impact of retiring baby boomers on senior living dining
- Balancing comfort and exposure to new flavors
- Maintaining wellness and social engagement through dining
- Best practices
- Getting from here to there – our journey
- Successful strategies
- Roadblocks encountered and lessons learned
- Next steps
Foodservice Operation Trends
Presenters: Melissa Larsen, MPH and Rebecca Kurowski
Session Description: The presentation will cover hot-off-the-press findings from the Real Rewards Cafe healthcare survey direct from a sample of 4,000+ enrolled independent healthcare operators. Data insights quantitative and qualitative intended to support information exchange to identify potential opportunities, develop growth strategies to enhance healthcare meal programs.
- Leverage relevant research to improve operations
- Identify specific growth opportunities through operator and manufacturer insights
Thursday, August 23rd, 2:15pm – 3:15pm
Prepping for the Joint Commission
- Current audit/visit criteria- watch outs- new regulations
- How best to prepare your team for a visit
- How to properly engage/communicate with JC/auditors
- Documentation, organization, policies & procedures
- Top 10 JC audit “no-no"
Public Relations Training: Know your Brand, Find your Audience
The Reis Group
Session Description: Coming Soon!
Make Your Retail Relevant: Creating Competitive and Compelling Retail
Presenters: Angelo Mojica, Cheri Boublis and Kristi Hester
Session Description: Successful developing and executing retail concepts can help drive customer loyalty, revenues and more. Understanding how to approach such an endeavour, however, can be easier said than done. In this session several AHF members will provide a brief snapshot of their retail operations and engage in a discussion about how to go from concept to completion. Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify potential retail opportunities on their campuses.
- Draft a business plan for their retail solution
- Develop a menu for their retail solution
- Approach equipping and designing retail spaces