**Please read this entire page BEFORE you apply for a scholarship. Thank you.**
AHF is pleased to announce that there are a limited number
of $400 scholarships available to the AHF 10th
Annual Conference at the Westin Kierland in Scottsdale, AZ.Please note that completed limited applications and required documents must be received by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, May 24, 2019
. We cannot make any exceptions to this deadline.
Our annual scholarship offerings are made possible by AHF’s annual sponsors and member contributions.
Most AHF conference meals are included in the price of registration and CEU credits are offered.
- Application Deadline: May 24, 2019
- Notification of Scholarship: May 29, 2019
- Early-bird Registration Deadline: June 3, 2019
(Failure to register by June 3 will result in a forfeit of your scholarship)
Each year AHF is proud to provide a limited number of scholarships to assist our operator members in attending the AHF Annual Conference. AHF is thrilled to help our valued operators attend our conference thanks to the generous contributions of AHF local chapters, members, and business partners. Be sure to join us this year at the Westin Kierland for the AHF Fun Float fundraising event and our Fundraising Blitz in Scottsdale to help us raise funds for the 2020 scholarship program. Our fundraising events give you an opportunity to engage with members and have fun, while helping us support your attendance at a future conference.
Who Can Apply?
AHF welcomes applications for scholarships from AHF operator members in good standing (meaning dues are up to date). We will do our best to provide as many scholarships as we can, however scholarships may be limited. Please be sure to review the information below to submit your application within our guidelines to be considered. AHF will not accept incomplete applications.
There are two main types of scholarships awarded each year. Please know that AHF tries to provide as many scholarships as possible, however our funds may be limited depending on contributions from the prior year towards the program. If you are not awarded a scholarship, we hope you will still support AHF and join us at the conference.
- Complimentary Conference Registration Only (Full or Partial): The majority of applicants will receive scholarships which provide full or partial complimentary conference registration to attend the AHF conference. Please note that only one scholarship may be awarded per institution.
- An institution is defined as one healthcare facility enrolled as a separate institution through AHF's membership system. Each institutional scholarship will provide the selected awardee with a scholarship which will be taken off the total cost of registration. Please note only one scholarship will be awarded per institution.
Complimentary Registration with Expense Reimbursement Allowance: We are pleased to offer full scholarships with an expense reimbursement allowance to our Culinary Competitors, Operator Speakers, Conference Planning Committee members, and Award Winners.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are now being accepted. The application form will require you to provide contact details and include a written explanation of why AHF should award you with a scholarship. Please apply for your scholarships below:
APPLICATION & REGISTRATION DEADLINE
All scholarship applications must be received no later than April 15, 2019. We will not accept applications after this date, so please mark your calendar. This includes applications from member institutions. If you are awarded a scholarship you will be provided with a code to use during the registration process.
If you are awarded a scholarship you must register for the conference no later than May 15, 2019. No exceptions will be made to the registration deadline. Thank you for your understanding.
AHF will notify those awarded with a scholarship no later than April 30, 2019. Our scholarship committee will review all received applications only once our scholarship application deadline has closed on April 15, 2019. This includes applications for your 1 institutional scholarship. If you are awarded a scholarship you will be provided with a code to use during the registration process.
If you are awarded with a scholarship of any kind, you will be asked to complete the following to assist AHF in service to our members and the self-op community as a whole:
- Social Media Promotion: If you have a social media account AHF will provide you with pre-written posts about the AHF Annual Conference and ask that you kindly help us promote our event to your self-op friends and colleagues. AHF is a nonprofit organization and your support helps us continue to provide you with valuable benefits and services.
- Written Conference Recap: We will ask each scholarship recipient to write a 1-2 paragraph recap of you conference experience for potential use in AHF promotional items.
- Conference Needs Assessment: All scholarship recipients are required to complete AHF’s conference needs assessment to help us continually improve our conferences. Thank you for your support!
- Conference Testimonial: We kindly ask that each scholarship recipient provide us with a brief testimonial about why you enjoy and value attending AHF’s Annual Conference.
- Conference Volunteer: As a scholarship recipient, you may be asked to assist AHF as a volunteer for a few small tasks throughout the conference such as helping to guide attendees into the exhibit hall, or directing towards event locations. If AHF is in need of support you will be contacted by email.
Please review the scholarship guidelines below. Thank you for your understanding.
- Scholarships are non-transferrable
- To ensure we provide fair opportunity to all our institutional members, only one employee per institutional may be awarded with a scholarship unless one of those members is on the AHF Board of Directors or the AHF Conference Planning Committee (CPC).
- Complimentary registrations have no cash value, a discount code will be provided to you in advance of registration to apply your awarded scholarship.
- AHF will not make exceptions to its reimbursement deadline or guidelines, please read below carefully.
If you are awarded funds to assist with your travel and expenses, please note that reimbursement requests must meet the following guidelines. Thank you for your understanding!
- Deadline: We will accept reimbursement requests until August 31, 2019. There will be no exceptions to this rule, so your reimbursement request MUST be received before this date – please mark your calendar if you are awarded with a scholarship.
- All reimbursement requests must include itemized receipts per IRS guidelines. Please make sure to save your receipts. Itemized receipts may be digitally scanned or mailed together with your reimbursement form.
- Please send all completed reimbursement forms and itemized receipts to Kent Hamaker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to:
Attn: Kent Hamaker
1420 New York Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20005
If you have any questions please contact Kent Hamaker at AHF headquarters: